Sunday 29 January 2012

Worthwhile work assignment

Hello Everyone,
I wanted to respond to Northern Mom's "assignment" and post my answer to it.  I have two small children, a three year old girl and an 11 month old boy.

Northern Mom's discussion of worthwhile work makes me think, especially about those little things I do everyday.  That could be saying thank you to my child, or kissing an "owie" better.  It could even be making sure they somehow eat those dreaded vegtables once and a while.  Those little things build into much bigger themes that I hope our children catch onto, such as love, empathy, or respect for others.  So, my top five reasons why I know that, as a mother, I am doing worthwhile work are about the little things that can become so much bigger:

1. There is a genuine connection between my daughter and son and you can physically see the caring they have for each other. -Love

2. My oldest child shows sincere concern when her sibling or friend is hurt and tries to comfort them. - Empathy.

3. My oldest child has manners, this is something simple that I am very proud of. - Respect.

4. My children are comforted by myself and their father when they are hurt or sad. - Attachment/connection.

5. I can generally take my children out in public without a complete disaster....generally! If there is a disaster I can deal with it without completely losing my cool. - Discipline.

Thanks Northern Mom for a completely "worthwhile" assignement!


Mom of All Trades

1 comment: